LAUNCHLEAP MEMBERSHIP AGREEMENT
by BECOMing A MEMBER OF THE PLATFORM, ACCESSing it OR OTHERWISE USing THE SITE, you AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. LAUNCHLEAP MAY, IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION, CANCEL, CHANGE, SUSPEND OR MODIFY ANY ASPECT OF THIS AGREEMENT AND/OR THE PLATFORM, WITHOUT NOTICE. SUCH MODIFICATIONS WILL BE EFFECTIVE UPON POSTING BY LAUNCHLEAP ON THE SITE.
Membership in the Platform is open to individuals only (not corporations
or other legal entities) located in Canada and the fifty (50) states of the
United States and the District of Columbia. You must be 13 years of age
or older to join the Program. If you are at least 13 years of age but
under the age of majority in your state of residence (18, except in Alabama and
Nebraska where it is 19, and in Mississippi where it is 21), you must have
permission from your parent or legal guardian to join the Platform. LaunchLeap
has the right, in our sole discretion, to request parental or legal guardian
consent forms at any time from any minor who wishes to join the Platform.
LaunchLeap may prohibit minors from participating in, or may require
parental/legal guardian consent for minors to participate in, certain
activities or events.
By joining the Platform and accepting the terms of this Agreement, you represent and warrant that: (i) you are at least 13 years of age and (ii) if you are a minor in your province or state of residence, you have permission from your parent or legal guardian to participate in the Platform and your parent or legal guardian accepts the terms of this Agreement. You further represent and warrant that you will abide by the terms of this Agreement, and that you will use the Platform and the Services solely for your personal, noncommercial use, in a manner consistent with these terms and any and all applicable laws and regulations.
2. Joining the Program. You may join the Platform through the LaunchLeap website at www.launchleap.com or such other means as we provide. Upon joining the Platform, you may have the option (but not obligation) to receive free samples and information from LaunchLeap and you may identify the brands of products and services with which you wish to be involved (your “Brands”). After joining the Platform, you will have access to your LaunchLeap account page and should update your profile page and account settings. You must provide complete and accurate registration information to LaunchLeap, including on your profile page, and LaunchLeap reserves the right to terminate a membership if misleading or intentionally incorrect registration information is provided.
3. Actions. As a Member, you may join LaunchLeap or Brand crowds based on your interests. Please note that you are under no obligation to participate in any Actions. However, if you wish to participate in an Action, you must click on and fully complete the applicable Action to earn the LaunchLeap Points associated with such Action. Actions may include, but are not limited to, creating and updating your profile page; reviewing products/samples/services; completing surveys, reviews or polls; joining programs; holding and attending parties or events; and uploading, creating, and/or submitting drawings, sketches, artwork, presentations, writings, photography, videos, films, recordings, digital materials, ideas, concepts, designs, text, plans, comments, enhancements, and/or other materials (collectively, “Content”) to the Services and/or to Brand websites or social media pages (collectively, “Brand Platforms”) and/or to third party web sites or social media pages (collectively, “Third Party Platforms”) and/or to your own web sites and social media profiles/pages, blogs and other platforms (collectively, “Your Platforms”). Earning LaunchLeap Points, Rewards or prizes for special promotions, such as sweepstakes and contests, are subject to the specific terms and conditions and/or official rules of the particular promotion. Available Actions may change from time to time, with or without notice, in LaunchLeap’s sole discretion, and will be set forth on your account page or elsewhere on the Site. LaunchLeap may change or remove any of the Actions currently recognized, at any time, with or without notice to you. Should you decide to undertake any Action, the Action shall be performed at your own direction, on your own schedule, and you may elect the hours during which you put effort towards the Actions in accordance with this agreement; provided that all Actions must be completed within the time frame set forth in the applicable Action messaging. YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PLATFORM AND/OR ANY ACTIONS IS ENTIRELY VOLUNTARY. MEMBERS ARE UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY ACTIONS AND DO SO AT THEIR OWN DISCRETION. LaunchLeap reserves the right to remove a Member from any Action, campaign, task, poll, survey, contest, sweepstakes, or similar activity, at any time for any reason. If you are removed from an Action, you will be notified by a LaunchLeap representative.
may have only one LaunchLeap membership account and you must keep all
registration information current at all times. Your membership account
cannot be used or accessed by multiple persons. Duplicate accounts are
subject to cancellation, and all LaunchLeap Points or Rewards accumulated in
the original and duplicate accounts will be forfeited. All information
about you must be truthful, and you may not use any aliases or other means to
mask your true identity. Any access codes or passwords provided should be
safeguarded at all times. You are responsible for the security of your account
information and passwords and will be solely liable for all activities
occurring via your account.
LaunchLeap may, in its sole and absolute discretion, cancel, change, suspend, or modify all or part of a LaunchLeap membership at any time, without notice. LaunchLeap reserves the right at its sole discretion to prohibit any Member from participating in any aspect of the Platform and any decision LaunchLeap makes relating to termination or suspension of any Member’s participation shall be final and binding in all respects.
5. LaunchLeap and Brand Content. The content, advertisements, information, and other materials of LaunchLeap, including the Services, whether partial or otherwise, such as text, graphics, images, logos, trademarks, copyrighted material, button icons, software, surveys, polls and other content (collectively, “LaunchLeap Content”) and the compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement and assembly) of all LaunchLeap Content, are protected under copyright, trademark and other laws. As between you and LaunchLeap, all LaunchLeap Content is our exclusive property. Unauthorized use of LaunchLeap Content may violate copyright, trademark and other laws. You must retain all copyright, trademark, service mark and other proprietary notices contained in LaunchLeap Content on any permitted copy you make of LaunchLeap Content. You shall not copy or adapt the code that LaunchLeap creates to generate any LaunchLeap Content or the pages making up any Services, which is also protected by LaunchLeap’s copyright. You may not (i) sell or modify LaunchLeap Content or any trademarks, materials or other content owned or licensed by a Brand (“Brand Content”), (ii) reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute or otherwise use LaunchLeap Content or Brand Content in any way for any public or commercial purpose, unless requested by LaunchLeap or the Brand to do so for purposes of the Program and in accordance with this Agreement, or (iii) use, distribute or make derivative works of any LaunchLeap Content or Brand Content for any purpose beyond the scope of the Program, unless you are given express permission to do so by LaunchLeap or the Brand (as applicable). Except as expressly set forth in this Agreement, no license is granted to you and no rights are conveyed by virtue of accessing or using the Site. All rights not granted under this Agreement are reserved by LaunchLeap. You shall not retain any copies of the LaunchLeap Content or Brand Content without LaunchLeap’s or the Brand’s prior written permission.
6. Rights To Member Content. By participating in the Platform,
you grant to LaunchLeap, the Brands, and each of their respective parent
companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective employees,
officers, directors, representatives, agents, licensees, successors and assigns
(collectively, “Licensees”), the non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free right
and license to use, exhibit, display, broadcast, copy, reproduce, encode,
compress, encrypt, incorporate data into, rebroadcast, transmit, record,
publicly perform, create derivative works of, distribute and synchronize in
timed relation to visual elements, and otherwise exploit, (i)
any Content posted, uploaded or otherwise sent by you in connection with the
Platform, and/or any portions or excerpts thereof (including, but not limited
to, Content posted to the Services, Brand Platforms, Third Party Platforms
and/or Your Platforms, or on any other media now known or hereinafter
invented), and (ii) your name, user name, image, photograph, voice,
biographical material, Twitter and other social media handles and/or other
likeness (collectively, “Your Likeness”), in connection with the Content, in
any manner, for any purpose whatsoever (including, but not limited to,
editorial, educational, advertising, promotion, merchandising, publicity and/or
trade, including in connection with LaunchLeap, its Brands and/or other
Licensees and their respective products or services), an unlimited number of
times, in perpetuity, throughout the world, without any additional liability,
obligation or additional payment of any kind to you or any third party, in any
and all media now known or hereafter devised. The foregoing license
includes, but is not limited to, usage on the Internet (on the Services, Brand
Platforms, Third Party Platforms and any and all social media websites, e.g.,
YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, etc.) as well as in
other forms of media.
You hereby waive any and all rights that you may be afforded by any applicable statute, law or regulation in any way relating to the foregoing, including but not limited to, any right to inspect or approve any use of the foregoing or the materials in or on which they may appear, any right of privacy or publicity, and any copyright or moral right.
FOR THE SAKE OF CLARITY, YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT LAUNCHLEAP AND/OR BRANDS ARE AUTHORIZED TO USE YOUR LIKENESS AND CONTENT ON ANY AND ALL OF THEIR WEB SITES AND/OR SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES AND POSTS, WITHOUT FURTHER PERMISSION OR AUTHORIZATION FROM YOU. THAT BEING SAID, LAUNCHLEAP AND/OR BRANDS MAY REACH OUT TO YOU FROM TIME TO TIME, IN THEIR SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION, REGARDING SUCH USAGE, BUT ARE UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO DO SO.
7. Member Content. You are solely
responsible for all Content that you post through the Services and/or in
connection with the Platform and you hereby agree that you will not hold
Licensees responsible or liable for any Content provided by you or other
Members in connection with the Platform. If Content depicts any person
other than yourself, you must have permission from that person or, if that
person is a minor, permission from that person’s parent or legal guardian,
before you post the Content. You may be required to provide proof of such
permission to us.
You represent and warrant that any Content that you submit or post in connection with the Platform: (i) shall be original to you and created solely by you, or that you have been given permission by the owner of the Content to post it; (ii) does not violate or infringe upon the intellectual property or any other rights of any other person or entity, including without limitation copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent, and the right of privacy and publicity; and (iii) does not violate this Agreement. You further represent and warrant that use of Content by Licensees in any manner, media or venue whatsoever, including, without limitation, for purposes of advertising and promotion of Brand products and services, shall not violate any third party rights nor violate any law or regulation.
8. Prohibited Actions. We expect all of our Members to be respectful of other people. Engaging in any of the following actions (“Prohibited Actions”) while you are a Member of the Platform may result in termination of your membership, as determined by LaunchLeap in its sole and absolute discretion. In addition, we reserve the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against any Member who violates this Section in our sole discretion. Prohibited actions include, but are not limited to, any action which:
§ infringes or violates another party’s intellectual property rights (such as music, videos, photos or other materials for which you do not have written authority from the owner of such materials to post on the Services), including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent, and the right of privacy and publicity;
§ incites, advocates, or expresses pornography, nudity, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity, hatred, bigotry, racism, or gratuitous violence;
§ misrepresents the source of anything you post, including impersonation of another individual or entity;
§ provides or creates links to external sites that violate this Agreement;
§ is intended to harm or exploit minors in any way;
§ is designed to solicit or collect personally identifiable information of anyone under 13 years old, including, but not limited to name, email address, home address, phone number, or school name;
§ invades anyone’s privacy by attempting to harvest, collect, store, or publish private or personally identifiable information, such as passwords, account information, credit card numbers, addresses, or other contact information without their knowledge and willing consent;
§ is illegal or violates any local and national laws that apply to your location, including but not limited to child pornography, illegal drugs, copyright material and intellectual property not belonging to you;
§ threatens, stalks, defames, defrauds, degrades, disparages, victimizes or intimidates an individual or group of individuals for any reason, including on the basis of age, gender, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, race, or religion, or is intended to incite or encourage anyone else to do so;
§ intends to harm or disrupt another user’s computer or allows others to illegally access software or bypass security on Web sites or servers, including but not limited to spamming or impersonation of another individual or entity;
§ attempts to impersonate a LaunchLeap or Brand employee, agent, manager or host, another Member or any other person through any means;
§ is inaccurate, false or misleading in any way;
§ is inappropriate or inconsistent with the standards of any Brand to which it relates;
§ contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or
§ contains any advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation.
LaunchLeap is under no obligation to screen or monitor Content, but may review Content from time to time at its sole discretion. We will make all determinations as to what Content is appropriate in our sole discretion. If Content is posted to any of our Services, we may edit or remove any Content at any time with or without notice.
12. Legal Compliance. You agree to comply with all Crowd-specific requirements and all federal, state, provincial, local and foreign laws, rules, regulations and court orders that are applicable to your participation in the Platform or use of the Services. These include, without limitation, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (16 C.F.R. § 312) (“COPPA”), the FTC’s Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising (“FTC Endorsement Guides”), the FTC’s .com Disclosures and the Code of Ethics set forth by the Word of Mouth Marketing Association (“WOMMA Code of Ethics”) as it relates to representatives. LaunchLeap reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to monitor Members’ compliance with the LaunchLeap Disclosure Guidelines, any other LaunchLeap requirements and all applicable laws and to suspend, modify and/or terminate the membership of any Member who fails to comply with the same, in our sole and absolute discretion. You agree to cooperate with LaunchLeap and Brands in removing or modifying any inappropriate content relating to LaunchLeap, any Brand or their respective products from your social pages or any other media over which you have control.
13. Termination. LaunchLeap may terminate your membership or suspend your access to all or part of the Services for any reason, at any time, in its sole discretion, including the cancellation of some or all of your accumulated LaunchLeap Points and/or Rewards for any or no reason, including, without limitation, breach of this Agreement or taking actions that are inconsistent with the intent of this Agreement. LaunchLeap shall be the sole determiner in cases of suspected abuse, fraud or breach of this Agreement or intent of this Agreement. If LaunchLeap terminates your membership in the Platform because you have breached this Agreement or taken actions that are inconsistent with the intent of this Agreement, you will not be entitled to any previously accumulated LaunchLeap Points or Rewards. LaunchLeap reserves the right to suspend and/or cancel your membership or any account you may have, permanently expel you from the Platform and/or put a “hold” on, revoke and/or delete LaunchLeap Points or Rewards from your account, if LaunchLeap determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that you: (a) abused the privileges of the Platform; (b) breached this Agreement; (c) made a misrepresentation, including, without limitation, submitting false or fictitious Personal Information; (d) received merchandise that will be used for resale or commercial use and/or any unauthorized commercial purpose; and/or (e) obtained LaunchLeap Points or Rewards as a result of any fraudulent, dishonest, misleading, unfair, illegitimate or illegal act, or were otherwise improperly credited LaunchLeap Points or Rewards. LaunchLeap reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to pursue all of its legal remedies, including, but not limited to, cancellation of your account, profile and/or some or all of your accumulated LaunchLeap Points or Rewards, and the immediate termination of your membership and use of the Services, upon any breach by you of the terms of this Agreement. Any decision LaunchLeap makes relating to cancellation, termination or suspension of any Member’s account and membership (including the cancellation of LaunchLeap Points and Rewards) shall be final and binding. You may terminate your membership at any time for any reason by following the “Delete My Account” instructions in the “My Account” area of the Site and such termination will be effective immediately. LaunchLeap will not be liable to you or any third party for termination of the Program. All of your LaunchLeap Points and Rewards will be forfeited upon termination. Even after your membership is terminated, this Agreement will remain in full force and effect.
14. Membership Status. Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed or considered to create a relationship of employer and employee, principal and agent, partner, joint venturer or any other relationship other than that of an independent contractor between the parties hereto. Accordingly, you and LaunchLeap agree that:
§ LaunchLeap shall not withhold or pay on your behalf any amounts relating to federal, provincial or local income taxes, unemployment compensation, workers’ compensation, social security or other taxes or assessments.
§ You will never be asked to perform tasks, duties, or otherwise, which will render your services to be that of an employee. The following outlines your terms of engagement as a Member of the Platform:
15. Member Liability. LaunchLeap is
only a venue and LaunchLeap does not screen or censor the profiles or Content
of Members. LaunchLeap generally does not control the submitted Content or information
provided by Members that is made available through the Platform. As a
result, LaunchLeap has no control over the truth or accuracy of the information
submitted by Members. LaunchLeap makes no representations about the
accuracy, reliability, completeness or timeliness of any profile or Content of
Members. LaunchLeap and Brands do not endorse any specific claims made by
Members and are not responsible for the accuracy of these claims. In
addition, note that there are risks, including, but not limited to, the risk of
physical harm, from dealing with strangers, foreign nationals, underage persons
or people acting under false pretenses. You assume all risks associated with
dealing with other Members with whom you come in contact through LaunchLeap. By
its very nature, other people’s information may be offensive, harmful or
inaccurate, and in some cases will be mislabeled or deceptively labeled. We
expect that you will use caution and common sense when using the Platform
and/or the Services.
Because Member authentication on the Internet is difficult, LaunchLeap cannot and does not confirm that each Member is who he or she claims to be. Because we do not and cannot be involved in Member-to-Member dealings or control the behavior of participants on any Services, in the event that you have a dispute with one or more Members, you release the Released Parties (defined below) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential, direct and indirect) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Members. LaunchLeap reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Members.
16. Release. You hereby agree to release LaunchLeap, all Brands, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, investors, employees, agents, partners, and their respective successors and assigns (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all claims, counterclaims, suits, demands, actions, causes of action, damages, setoffs, liens, attachments, debts, expenses, judgments, losses or other liabilities of whatever kind or nature as they are incurred or threatened (including but not limited to cost of defense, settlement, and reasonable attorneys’ fees) (collectively, “Claims”), including property damage, death, and personal injury arising or resulting from, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, (a) your use of the Services or membership or participation in the Platform, including, but not limited to, the performance of any Actions, (b) possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of any Reward and/or any Brand products or samples, (c) your use of the Site and any Services and/or (d) your Content, including, but not limited, to any claims involving copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent, and the right of privacy and publicity. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of information related to Actions (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in the Platform.
17. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend the Released Parties against any and all Claims arising from or in connection with the following, without limitation: (a) a breach by you of this Agreement or any obligation or covenant in this Agreement, including your representations and warranties set forth above; (b) a violation of any law, rule, regulation, or authority by you in connection with the performance of this Agreement, your use of the Services or your involvement in the Program; (c) any negligent, reckless or intentional acts or omissions committed by you in connection with the entry into or performance of this Agreement, your use of the Service or your involvement in the Platform; (d) your Content or any other materials that you have provided in connection with the Platform, including Claims that your Content infringes the patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party, including, but not limited to claims of libel, false advertisement, slander, defamation, copyright infringement, infringement of moral rights, trademark infringement, false designation of origin, disparagement, violation of privacy, publicity, identity or other proprietary rights, piracy or plagiarism; (e) your use of the Services or your involvement in the Platform; or (f) any assertion that you are not an independent contractor with respect to any of the Released Parties. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you shall not enter into any settlement that materially adversely affects our rights or interests without our prior approval, and we shall have the right, in our sole discretion, to participate in the defense at our own expense with a counsel of our choosing.
18. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SERVICES, LAUNCHLEAP CONTENT AND/OR BRAND CONTENT, DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH LAUNCHLEAP, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT YOU ARE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE SERVICES, LAUNCHLEAP CONTENT AND BRAND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IF ANY PART OF THESE WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS OR LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY IS FOUND TO BE INVALID OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON OR IF WE ARE OTHERWISE FOUND TO BE LIABLE TO YOU IN ANY MANNER, THEN OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ALL CLAIMS UNDER SUCH CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ACCESSING THIS SITE, OR OTHERWISE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
19. Confidentiality. You acknowledge that during your participation in the Platform, you may have access to and become acquainted with various trade secrets, data, inventions, innovations, processes, information, records and specifications (“Confidential Information”) owned or licensed by LaunchLeap and/or used by LaunchLeap in connection with the operation of its business including, without limitation, LaunchLeap’s business and product processes, methods, customer lists, accounts and procedures. Further, you acknowledge that during your participation in the Platform, you may have access to and become acquainted with Confidential Information owned or licensed by Brands. You agree that you will not disclose any of the aforesaid Confidential Information, directly or indirectly, or use it in any manner, either during the term of this Agreement or at any time thereafter, except as required in the course of your participation in the Platform. Upon the expiration or earlier termination of this Agreement, or whenever requested by LaunchLeap, you shall immediately deliver to LaunchLeap any Confidential Information in your possession or under your control.
21. Contact with Members. LaunchLeap has the right, but not the obligation, to periodically contact Members with information, updates, and special offers via email. If there are any inaccuracies in such correspondences, LaunchLeap will not be held responsible.
22. Right to Offer Opportunities to Select Members. Opportunities to participate in certain Actions will be offered to Members based on various demographic and psychographic parameters, as well as previous performance and/or certain scores determined by LaunchLeap. If you qualify for an Action, you will have the ability to join it by selecting it from your account on the Site, and following the instructions provided. You may also be contacted directly via email, direct message, or SMS when an Action is launched.
23. Comments, Complaints and Questions. We welcome your feedback about the Platform. However, any comments, ideas, notes, messages, suggestions or other communications sent to us shall be and remain the exclusive property of LaunchLeap, and we may use all such communications in any manner, including reproducing, disclosing and publishing such communications, all without compensation to you. Should you have any questions or complaints regarding these terms and conditions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
24. Governing Law and Choice of Forum. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Quebec, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to the Platform or this Agreement shall be filed only in Montreal, Quebec Canada and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action.
25. Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding between LaunchLeap and each Member enrolled and participating in the Platform. The failure of either party to insist upon or enforce the strict performance of the other party with respect to any provision of this Agreement, or to exercise any right under this Agreement, will not be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of such party’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance; rather, the same will be and remain in full force and effect. If any provision of these terms shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. We may assign our rights and obligations under this Agreement.
LaunchLeap and its brand clients (“Brands”) believe in full, fair and effective disclosures of material facts relating to your relationship with LaunchLeap and/or Brands in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s Guides Concerning Endorsements and Testimonials http://www.ftc.gov/os/2009/10/091005revisedendorsementguides.pdf and the Code of Ethics set forth by the Word of Mouth Marketing Association (http://www.womma.org/ethics/womma-code-of-ethics). As such, we require that all Members adhere to the following guidelines (the “Guidelines”) when publishing Content about LaunchLeap, Brands and/or any of their respective products or services.
A. Disclose Your Connection to LaunchLeap
and Brands: When discussing LaunchLeap or
Brands or any of their respective products or services, you must clearly
disclose your relationship with LaunchLeap and Brands.
All “material connections” must be disclosed. Such “material connections” may be defined as any connection between you and LaunchLeap or a Brand that could affect the credibility consumers give to your statements. Important examples of “material connections” include consideration (benefits or incentives such as monetary compensation, loaner or free products or services, in-kind gifts, rewards points, sweepstakes/contest entries or special access privileges) that you receive.
B. Maintain Clear and Prominent Disclosure: This disclosure should be made in close proximity to any statements you make about LaunchLeap, Brands and/or their respective products or services. This fact should be disclosed regardless of space limitations of the medium and it should be clear and prominent enough for consumers to view it when they are reading your posts. Please see the FTC’s “.com Disclosures: How to Make Effective Disclosures in Digital Advertising”, located at http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2013/03/dotcom.shtm, or WOMMA Social Media Disclosure Guide for specific disclosure recommendation, located at http://www.womma.org/ethics/sm-disclosure-guide. For example, despite the space limitations of Twitter, the FTC still requires that material connections be disclosed in the tweet itself (e.g., by inclusion of wording such as #sponsored)..
C. Give Your Honest and Truthful Opinions: Your statements should always reflect your honest and truthful opinions and actual experiences. If a statement is not your opinion, but rather something that LaunchLeap or a Brand has asked you to say, this fact should be made clear to readers.
D. Only Make Factual Statements That Are Truthful and Can Be Verified: Only make a factual statement about LaunchLeap, Brands or their respective products or services which you know for certain are true and can be verified. For example, do not make statements about the performance of a product unless you have support for such claims. Remember that even if you do not expressly state a fact, it may be implied, and these Guidelines apply to both express and implied messages.
E. Respect Intellectual Property Rights: Intellectual property is the group of legal rights to things people create or invent. Intellectual property rights typically include copyright, trademark, and trade secret rights, as well as the right to use someone’s name, likeness or voice. Examples are photographs, video, music, trademarks/logos, personal names/likenesses, writings, etc. Do not post any content that infringes the intellectual property rights of any third party.
F. Comply with Other Policies and
Laws: You should comply with the terms,
conditions, guidelines and policies of any service that you use and all
applicable laws. For instance, if a service says it may not be used for
commercial purposes, then you should not promote LaunchLeap, any Brand or their
respective products or services on such a site.
LaunchLeap reserves the right to monitor your compliance with these Guidelines and to terminate your relationship with LaunchLeap in the event of any violations. You agree to promptly remove any postings that violate these Guidelines or that LaunchLeap reasonably determines could expose LaunchLeap or Brands to liability. You acknowledge that, notwithstanding these Guidelines, it is your obligation to comply with all applicable laws.
(Last updated January 7th, 2016)